Tuesday, October 18, 2011

This is the day which the Lord hath made

I wrote this a year ago. Maybe there is worth putting it up now.

Psalms 118:24


I have loved the scripture for years. It is kind of a rallying call for myself to recognize God's hand in each day and hold to a positive attitude.


My husband was a bit discouraged this morning. We were supposed to work on our renovation of the living room in our new house. He got up, as planned, to put our oldest on the bus to school. I have caught the cold that the girls had and needed to sleep a bit longer. Then he went shopping for milk, bread, eggs. He took two kids while I fed the baby, ate breakfast, and showered. When he got home there was little time left to work and he couldn't find the measuring tape. We have to have it to measure how high the wall is. Since it is an old house it isn't the same even along the length of one piece of sheet rock so we have to measure and cut each piece differently.


My husband suggested we all kneel for a family prayer. I remembered this scripture and felt to pray for help to recognize the Lord's hand today, even with the things that weren't going right. In the prayer I explained the things that were hard for us right then and how it would be easy to be upset and asked for help to enjoy the day he has given us. My husband thanked me for the prayer and said that was just what he needed. I needed that prayer just as much as him. A couple of poopu diapers, starting the laundry and trying to start the fire in the wood burning water heater took up the rest of the time we had. As he was soon gettting ready to head out the door I became sad. My throat still hurt, but the sun was shining! After a few days of windy rain overcast weather I wanted to go work out in the yard. We still needed to mow half our property. And I want to pick the apples before they all become windfall. And I really want to get rid of some seed weeds before it spreads and prune the pit trees (that is what I would like to work on most but then I need clippers. and I can't find the ones I had in our kitchen in our apartment.) How can these things get done even with the sun since it is windy! 2 of the kids are sick! After he left I finally got past myself and started to work. I decided to forget about the stove till tonight. We have enough hot water for the day, and I don't want to spend as much time with it today. I will just fill more frustrated and dumb. (I thought I had it figured out and was getting it going with one match last week... now I find I am trying 4 and 5 times before it finally stays after I have left it.)

No comments:

Post a Comment