So the pipe in the kitchen is leaking again. Hmm. Maybe next month will be another tight one. But if we can stop the problem and still survive... should I complain? I just hate worrying about finances and these last two months have taken their emotional toll. Tomorrow is Easter Sunday. I am not nusually one who is too worried about having the traditional perfect sunday or holliday meal. But this time we were asked to have the missionarries over. Usually not a problem. But the combination of it being Easter and company makes me feel like we should have something special. But we don't. We have to run to the store now to get milk, eggs, bread and some other basics again and are trying to keep the bill as low as possible. So that doesn't leave much room for an easter ham. Sorry Elders. We have a turkey in the freezer but didn't take thaw it in time. But we are having a large group here Tuesday (including the Elders) so it is just as well that we have the Turkey for that. They are supposed to be helping us in our garden. Today was another sad surprise of a good inch of snow when we woke up. So we probably won't be planting yet. But hopefully we can get the ground ready.
I am sad. I want to enjoy spring. I want to get past the financial crunches. yet I must remind myself, just having the car, house and yard we are much better off than other similarly tight food budgets.... like when Daniel was substitute teaching. So yah it might be tight but at least we have a better life to show for it. And I got past my not wanting to do anything today slump with help of food a short visit from neighbors and my husband reminding me that I will be better off coming with the family than staying home if I am feeling like this. So at least I want to brush my hair before we go.
And I felt like typing this. It helped. Now I will go put up my hair so we can buy milk before the store closes.
I am sad. I want to enjoy spring. I want to get past the financial crunches. yet I must remind myself, just having the car, house and yard we are much better off than other similarly tight food budgets.... like when Daniel was substitute teaching. So yah it might be tight but at least we have a better life to show for it. And I got past my not wanting to do anything today slump with help of food a short visit from neighbors and my husband reminding me that I will be better off coming with the family than staying home if I am feeling like this. So at least I want to brush my hair before we go.
And I felt like typing this. It helped. Now I will go put up my hair so we can buy milk before the store closes.

No comments:
Post a Comment