"You are always supposed to make me happy"
This is the constant remark I am getting from my intelligent almost five year old.
I keep thinking he has a huge lesson to learn in life. But then again, maybe I should stop and listen. I am his mom and I shouldn't brush him off so easily. I have to balance everyones needs and wants in the family and sometimes I need to make me happy. I can't give him all the time he wants but are there areas I could give him more? I would love to read to him, but he loves reading the books himself and I have a hard time slowing down to his spead, even though it is remarkable for his age. I feel like when I do play with him, he just wants more and more and more, so sometimes I avoid starting. That isn't helping. He needs mommy alone time. Can I have alone time? It seems a paradox, that I need to investigate further. Maybe that means there is enough here and I should go to the trial and error stage for a while.
-Orchid
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment